I really don't think Valentines is celebrated here
I haven't seen or been able to find one Valentines card or sweetheart tarts (best thing about valentines)
but in true American fashion...
The things I LOVE so far about Barcelona:
-the markets. all of them. produce is so cheap. and don't even get me started on the 50cent baguettes.
-the architecture. walking home from an evening out and running into things like the arc de triomphe .
- cafe con leche. best. coffee. ever.
- the buildings with their little balconettes and terraces. loved them
- cava. spains version of champagne. me encanta.
-outdoor seating everywhere! even mcdonalds has outdoor seating. and people really take advantage of it here. even if it's freezing but there's sun, they're outside enjoying it.
- bike culture. so many bike paths. gonna get me a bike for sure.
- barcelona sunsets. one of these days i'll wake up early enough to see the sunrise.
- my new barcelona friends. i've never had such a international group of friends. meeting people from all over the world in one place. they are good, fun people.
and between our different languages and cultures, learning spanish together is hysterical.
(missing my girlfriends today. cause this was definitely the best valentines memory)